The SA is YOU, and every other student on campus. It is the organization that represents and coordinates student activities and interests throughout the school.
The Student Association (or SA as it is known) has 3 primary purposes:
- To represent student interests to senior management boards of the School
- To organise a number of campus-wide events
- To help co-ordinate, promote and assist student clubs that form an integral part of life at London Business School
In order to represent your opinions, officers of the SA sit on every committee in the School from health and safety to governing boards of cultural and career driven clubs. As such, we ensure that the interests of the students are taken into account before any decisions are made.
Throughout the year we implement a number of great events to bring our community together:
- The London Treasure Hunt, held shortly after you arrive on campus, will ensure you get to know London and meet members of the community outside your programme.
- Tattoo is a unique celebration of the cultural diversity of the school
- We field over 250+ athletes and supporters for the annual MBAT Sports Competition in Paris, France
- The academic year is completed together in celebration with the Summer Ball
Students Clubs are the heart and soul of London Business School experience. An integral part of the SA, our Clubs provide a vibrant, collective and fun community to suit the needs of our diverse and international student body. Whether you are interested in career, cultural or sports clubs, there is always more going on than you could ever have time for. Clubs provide students with an opportunity to explore areas of interest and provide important networks to alumni and the wider community.
Student Clubs also provide important leadership opportunities within the school community. Club leaders willingly devote a lot of time and energy to the school community in a way that visibly enhances the experience of every student at the school.
The Student Association Executive Committee is the coordinating body of the SA. Elected directly by students in the spring of each year, the EC’s primary responsibility is to ensure that the SA meets its clearly defined Objectives. The EC provides students with an effective channel of communication to represent their interests and concerns with the wider school community. In addition, the EC helps to coordinates and supports both Club led and major Student Events on campus.
The EC also provides students with a unique leadership opportunity. Over 80% of students at the London Business School come outside of the United Kingdom, we come from over 60 countries and speak over 40 languages. EC members are committed to representing an extremely diverse and international student population.
If you are interested in finding out more about the SA, feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com.