Our students organise high-level conferences recognised as leading conferences in London. Our conferences provide opportunities to debate, network and share ideas with students, alumni, faculty and professionals and hear from world leaders, industry leaders, entrepreneurs, policy makers and governmental leaders.
- In this academic year, 2012-13, we are expecting 19 outstanding conferences taking place at venues across London. Please see below for more information.
- In 2011-12 there were 14 student led conferences from a round-table conference with 70 registrations to our largest conferences with over 340 registrations. Please see highlights below
- In 2010-11 there were 17 student led conferences.
Anyone interested in speaking at or sponsoring one of our conferences should contact Claire de Froberville.
|Oct - December 2012||Jan - April 2013||May - July 2013|
|10 Nov: China Business Forum
12 Nov: Global Healthcare Summit
30 Nov: Global Energy Summit
|1 March: Women in Business Conference
8 March: Tech Media Summit
15 March:Private Equity VC Conference
17 April: Retail & Luxury Goods Conference
19 April: Asset Management Conference
20 April: Africa Day
26 April: TEDxLBS
27 April: Asia Business Forum
Saturday 10 November: China Business Forum (full day conference)
Venue: RCOG & London Business School
‘Chinese Innovation & European Opportunities’
In recent years, even during the current global economic turmoil, China has never stopped impressing the rest of the world. China is recognised for innovation and Chinese entrepreneurs have achieved breakthroughs not only in traditional industries, but also in new areas such as mobile Internet, e-commerce, financial services and social media. The China Club launches its inaugural China Business Forum on Saturday 1 November to bring together Chinese and European business leaders; to strengthen economic ties between China and Europe; and, ultimately, to create value for both the Chinese and European business communities.
- Speakers include: HE Liu Xiaoming, Chinese Ambassador to the United Kingdom; Mr Wang Shi, Chairman, Vanke Co., Ltd, Mr Rong Yonglin, Chairman of the Board, Tongfang Co., Ltd., Mr Savio Kwan, MSc09 (1976), Non-Executive Director, Alibaba; Mr Rene Aubertin, CEO of Europe, Haier Group.
- Panel sessions include: PE/VC and overseas M&A, Innovation & sustainable growth, brand asset management.
Monday 12 November: Global Healthcare Conference (evening conference)
Venue: Royal College of Physicians
‘Towards a future of innovation in health’
The 5th annual London Business School Global Healthcare Conference will focus on ‘Towards a future of innovation in health’ and will welcome keynote speakers: Alex Gorsky, CEO of Johnson & Johnson and Lord Howe, Under-Secretary of State, Department of Health. Panel discussions will be: ‘The Future of Health Care: Underlying Drivers and Pressures’ and ‘Innovation in Health Care’. Panellists include: Andrew Jack, Pharmaceutical correspondent, Financial Times; Steven Dyson, Senior Partner, Healthcare Practice, Apax Partners; Sir Mark Walport, Director, Wellcome Trust.
Twitter: @LBS_HealthcareClub #LBS_ghcc2012
Friday 30 November: Global Energy Summit (full day conference)
Venue: Willis Building, City of London
‘Energy Efficiency, Technology, and Innovation in Meeting the Global Energy Challenge’
With rising demand, increasing scarcity of hydrocarbons and an escalating urgency to address climate issues, how can we continue to solve the global energy equation into the future? How can we continue to keep the lights on, and the iPhones charged? Can complex, innovative energy projects be financed in the current market conditions? How will the politics of energy exploration and climate change effect future markets? These, and many other issues, will be addressed at the 9th Annual Global Energy Summit. This year’s summit will feature four keynote speakers and two interactive panel discussions, and will draw over 350 participants, forming a diverse public arena for the debate of current trends, challenges and opportunities in the energy space. Year after year, the event attracts a rich variety of industry professionals, advisors, recruiters, media and policy makers, as well as enthusiastic business school students and academic thought-leaders.
- Speakers include: Dr. Ivan Marten , Senior Partner and Managing Director, The Boston Consulting Group; Philip Lowe, MSc04 (1971), Director General of Energy DG, European Commission.
- Panel Sessions include:Aligning the Public and Private Sectors towards a Sustainable Energy Future; US Shale Gas Revolution and its Implications
1 March: Women in Business Conference (full day conference)
Venue: Bloomberg Auditorium
'Navigating the Channels of Change'
The Women in Business Conference, now in its 13th year, is widely recognised as a leading women's conference in Europe, attracting hundreds of attendees, including students, alumni and professionals from London and around the world. It addresses the next generation of high-potential women to help them succeed as managers, leaders and visionaries. Exploring “the channels of change", we give you the unique opportunity to hear from some truly inspiring speakers, including:
- Sally Tennant, CEO of Kleinwort Benson; Gillian Channer, Senior Director of Business Operations, Oracle; Nuala McGovern, Presenter, BBC World Service; Demetra Pinsent, CEO of a beauty start-up and ex-McKinsey Partner ; Caroline Rush, Chief Executive of the British Fashion Council; Professsor Lynda Gratton, Author of The Shift; Sophie Turner-Laing, Managing Director, Entertainment, News and Broadcast Operations, Sky
Joining them will be other exceptional women from The Boston Consulting Group, Deutsche Bank, Deloitte and more. The conference also offers the chance to network with peers across corporate sectors and leading European business schools. Most importantly, it showcases real women behind real success stories.
8 March: Tech Media Summit (full day conference)
Venue: Bloomberg Auditorium
The London Business School Tech & Media Summit is an annual conference that explores the impact that technology and media has on each of us today. This year's conference will look at future trends, particularly on the creation and distribution of digital content. The event will take place on 8 March 2013 at the Bloomberg Centre in London, and will feature two keynote speakers:
- Joanna Shields, the CEO of the UK’s Tech City Investment Organization, as well as the former MD of EMEA at Facebook and
- Mike Bracken, the UK government’s Director of Digital and former Head of Digital at The Guardian.
- Tony Wang, General Manager, Twitter UK
Panellists involved in the previous event included experts from Spotify, WPP, Virgin Media, Warner Music, The Economist, Google and Seedcamp.
15 March: Private Equity & Venture Capital Conference (full day conference)
Venue: Church House
'Navigating Challenging Times: Identifying Pockets of Growth and Driving Returns in an Uncertain Environment'
We are pleased to announce London Business School’s 9th Annual PEVC Conference will be held on 15 March 2013 at the Church House Conference Centre Westminster in London. This year’s theme examines the strategies industry players are using to stay competitive and generate returns in the current cycle.
- Keynote speakers include: Kurt Björklund (Co-Managing Partner, Permira);Arif Naqvi (Founder and Group CEO, Abraaj Capital) and Niklas Zennström (CEO and Founder, Atomico)
- Panel discussions will focus on investing in emerging and growth markets, buyouts in Europe, LP perspectives and other pertinent industry topics and will feature prominent panellists from: 3i, Actis, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, The Carlyle Group, General Atlantic, GSO Capital Partners Terra Firma, TPG, Warburg Pincus.
17 April: Retail & Luxury Goods Club e-commerce Conference
'e-commerce Today and Tomorrow: trends, innovations and challenges'
The Retail & Luxury Goods Club is delighted to present to you London Business School's inaugural e-Commerce Conference 2013. The theme of the event will revolve around the trends, innovations and challenges of today and tomorrow in the online commerce industry.
- Speakers include: Nick Robertson, CEO, Asos; Stephanie Phair, Managing Director, theoutnet.com; Martijn BErtisen, Senior Industry Head Retail, Google; Michael Ross, Co-Founder & Chief Scientist, eCommera
- Key themes include: Showcasing e-commerce challenges, innovations and trends; Selecting the right tools for successful multichannel strategies; Presenting the latest in store and digital technological advances; Leveraging big data to better understand consumer behaviour
19 April: Asset Management Conference (full day conference)
‘Paradigm Shift: Rethinking Investment in Tomorrow's World’
The Investment Management Club is pleased to announce the 2013 Asset Management Conference. The fast-moving world in which we live is transforming. As the investment landscape changes, how can investors adapt and take advantage of these shifts? The 2013 conference will address these questions, with speakers and panels delving into how investors are moving forward from the financial crisis and tackling subjects such as increased sovereign risk and the exciting evolution of socially responsible investing.
- Speakers include: Pal Haugerud- Advisor to the Norweigan SWF; James Macintosh, Investment Editor, FT; Professor Stephen Schaefer, London Business School; Robert McCauley, Bank for International Settlements; Lord Myners; Andrew Balls, PIMCO; Karina Litvack, Director, Head of Governance & Sustainable Investment. F&C Investments
- Panel discussions will focus on ‘A World without a risk free rate’ and ‘Responsible Investing’
20 April: Africa Day (full day conference)
Venue: Royal Society
'Investing for Sustainable Success'
The theme of the 2013 Africa Day Conference is ‘Investing for Sustainable Success’. Following on from last year’s theme of ‘Taking Ownership’, we aim to explore what is being done in Africa to ensure that success is not only achieved but also sustained. Africa is fertile ground for innovation and its entrepreneurs and cultural agents are capitalising on this, building successful businesses that are fostering growth. Major infrastructure and energy projects are underway all across the continent, addressing deficiencies which have previously curtailed productivity. All of these investments are transforming Africa into a dynamic, competitive economic region. The conference brings together a distinguished roster of heads of government, entrepreneurs, financiers, innovators, cultural icons, and thought leaders to conduct an extensive dialogue on the requisites for sustainable success in Africa.
- Speakers include: Wale Tinubu, CEO Oando Plc; Alex Okosi, CEO MTV Africa
- Panel discussions will focus on: Finance and Investing in Africa; Energy and Infrastructure; The Business of Culture: Entrepreneurship and Innovation
26 April: TEDxLondon Business School (full day conference)
Venue: Royal Geographic Society
Look around. Yesterday's divisions and boundaries are blurred or disappearing. Old and young, rural and urban, theory and practice, global and local… Social constructs and business models are being tested and redefined.
In this intersected world, there is a need for new connections. What's the recipe for success amidst ongoing financial challenges? How can we harness the power of convergence while maintaining individuality? What can we learn about ourselves from emerging markets? Join us at TEDxLondonBusinessSchool to hear from pioneers, mavericks, rule breakers, and game changers across the arts, business, science, and technology.
Be part of the conversation.
Share your thoughts.
Saturday 27 April: Asia Business Forum (full day conference)
Venue: Royal Geographical Society
‘New Driving Forces in Asia’
The 8TH ASIA BUSINESS FORUM is one of Europe’s premier Asia-focused business conferences. It will take place on 27 April 2013 (Saturday) at the Royal Geographical Society in London. The forum will explore the “New Driving Forces in Asia” and tackle the following relevant and timely topics:
- The New Balance of Power in Asia; What are the hot sectors in Asia?; Secret Ingredients to Winning Businesses in Asia; How can Asian startups go global? How do global startups enter Asia?
- Speakers include: Mr Dominic Barton – Global Managing Director, McKinsey & Company; Dr Fraser Thompson - Senior Fellow, McKinsey Global Institute; Mr Raj Subramaniam - Senior Vice President, Global Marketing Development, FedEx; Mr Davide Giardino - Economist - Vice President, Merrill Lynch Financial Centre; Mr. Tohru Sasaki, Managing Director and Head of Japan Rates and FX Research, JP Morgan; Mr Humbert Pang - Managing Principal & Head of China, Gaw Capital
Thursday 2 May: Art Investment Conference (full day conference)
Venue: Royal Society of Arts
"Investing and Innovating in the Global Art Market"
As in previous editions, the Art Investment Conference will bring together world-class industry and finance professionals to discuss current trends affecting the sector. This year’s theme, “Investing and Innovating in the Global Art Market”, looks behind the headlines to discuss newly developed innovations for art online and on mobile, emerging trends and geographies, as well as emotional asset investing in a zero interest rate environment.
- Speakers include: Professor Elroy Dimson; Philip Hoffman, CEO, The Fine Art Fund Group; Iain Robertson, Head of Art Business Studies, Sotheby's Institute of Art; Jonas Almgren, CEO, the Artfinder.com
- Topics include: The Art of Investing; Breakthroughs in the Art Market; Emerging Markets vs Emerging Trends
Friday 3 May: Real Estate Conference (full day conference)
'Unlocking New Opportunities'
On behalf of the London Business School Real Estate Club, we are delighted to invite you to the 2013 Real Estate Conference. This year's conference focuses on "Unlocking New Opportunities" and aims to provide an opportunity for industry experts to discuss and debate key issues relating to the current real estate investment landscape. The conference will include focused discussions around strategies for the present macro climate, the impact of new regulations and the current and future state of real estate debt.
- Speakers include: Sir John Ritblat - Honorary President and former Chairman and CEO, British Land; Roger Orf - Partner and Head of European Real Estate, Apollo Global Management; Peter Hansford - Chief Construction Adviser, UK Government Department for Business, Innovation & Skills; Guy Grainger - CEO (United Kingdom), Jones Lang LaSalle; Lars Huber - Senior Managing Director and CFO (Europe), Hines
Wednesday 15 May: Sports Business Conference (evening conference)
Venue: London Business School
The Sports Business Club is one of the fastest growing Clubs at London Business School. Their inaugural conference will follow the highly successful Global Leadership Summit ‘Faster, higher, stronger: Lessons shared between Business and Sport, organised by the School in May 2012. The conference will likely be a small-scale evening conference.
- Speakers include: Alastair Kirkwood, Managing Director, NFL UK; Richard Ayers, Founder & CEO, Seven League; Rick Parry, Former CEO, Liverpool Football Club & FA Premier League
Friday 17 May: Middle East Day (full day conference)
‘A Forecast for the Middle East: The Re-emergence of a sustainable economy’
The Middle East Club at London Business School is delighted to announce its 11th Annual Middle East Conference, which will take place in the Landmark Hotel in London. The theme of the 2013 Middle East Conference is "A Forecast for the Middle East: The Re-emergence of a sustainable economy". The Arab world is facing a critical moment and the recent events emphasise the need of a sustainable economy. We would like to offer you an unparalleled opportunity of active engagement with heads of firms, entrepreneurs, financiers, innovators and leaders through three keynote speeches and two panels.
- Speakers include: Ousama Fansa, CEO of Roots Group ; Joe Saddi, Chairman of Booz & Company; Ayman Asfari, Group Chief Executive, Petrofac
- Panels will cover investment opportunities with professionals from Global Capital Management, Majid AlFuttaim Ventures and HSBC and entrepreneurship in the region with Endeavor and successful entrepreneurs leading the discussion
Friday 24 May: Entrepreneurship Conference (full day conference)
Venue: Bloomberg Auditorium
Are you thinking of starting a business? Do you know what you’re getting yourself into? Join us on May 24 at the Bloomberg Centre to hear from some of the best of those who have been, and still are, in the battlefield. This year’s theme, Entrepreneurship: An Emotional Roller Coaster, is when we dive into the psychology and key emotions of starting and building a business: the Need to start a business and solve a problem, the Power of Small Wins, and, most important of all, Perseverance.
- Confirmed Speakers so far: Transferwise, Songkick, Move Guides, The Orchard, Cobra Beer, Seedrs, Insane Logic, Seedcamp, Lake Stars, Metro Bank, Boticca, Ubicabs.
- The Business Plan Competition finalists will also be pitching in front of a panel of investors and entrepreneurs, and a live audience of 250 people for the final prize.
Thursday 30 May: Latin America Business Forum (full day conference)
'The New Forces Consolidating Latin America's Success'
The Latin America Business Forum, now in its 8th year, has become an established occasion, rapidly becoming one of the most significant events for Latin America in Europe. Attracting five former Presidents from the region and many distinguished leaders the full day conference provides a day full of key insights, interactive discussions and networking.
- Speakers include: Alvaro Rodriguez, Co-Founder, Compartamos Banco; Eduardo Constantini, Founder and Chairman, Consulatio; Roque Benavides, Chairman, CEO, Compania de Minas Buenaventura; Elena Landau, Senior Partner, Sergio Bermudes Advogados
|Oct - December 2011||Jan - April 2012||May - July 2012|
Global Healthcare Summit
Global Energy Summit
Real Estate Conference
21 November 2011: Global Healthcare Conference
‘The Changing Face of Healthcare’
- Keynotes: John Dinneen, President & CEO, GE Healthcare
- Panels: Personalised Medicine; Healthcare Reform
24 February 2012: Global Energy Summit
‘Building a sustainable energy mix for shifting energy demand’
- Keynotes: Maurice Berns, Head of the UK Energy Practice at The Boston Consulting; Alejo Vidal-Quadras, Vice-President, European Parliament
- Panels: Building a competitive, secure and clean energy mix; how are the new downstream trends changing the future of energy?
2 March 2012: Women in Business Conference
‘INSPIRATION: Women Moving Business Forward’
- Keynotes: Cherie Blair, Founder of the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women; David Cruickshank, Chairman of Deloitte LLP in the
UK; Christine Langan, Head of BBC Films; Helena Morrissey, CEO of Investment Management Newton
- Panels: Staying Motivated and Inspired up the Corporate Ladder; Launching a Business and Staying the Course
12 April 2012: Asia Business Forum
- Keynotes:HE Choo Kyu-ho, Ambassador,
; Nobuyuki Idei, Former Chairman and CEO, SONY Republicof Korea
- Panels: Entrepreneurship; Energy & Resources; Commerce & Trade, Finance; TMT; Careers & Talent Development
13 April 2011: Technology and Media Summit
‘Disrupt or be Disrupted’
- Keynotes: Mark Read, CEO, WPP Digital; Limvirak Chea, Director, Business Development, InMobi; Chris Maples,
MD & European Sales Director, Spotify UK
- Panels: Gaming, Living Room Battles, Big Data, The Apps Economy, New Music Models and the
investment landscape London
26 April 2011: India Business Forum
- Keynotes: Lord Swaraj Paul, Chairman, Caparo Group; Navdeep Suri, Joint Secretary, Ministry of External Affairs, Government of
- Panels: Investing in a Resurgent
Africa; Future Investment
27 April 2012: TEDxLondonBusinessSchool
- Speakers: Nick D’Aloisio; Mark Johnson; Chris Coghlan; Sonia Medina
- Subjects: How can we reinvigorate businesses, our societies and ourselves? Is it time to start over – to go back to basics? What are the lessons of the innovation economy?
4 May 2012: Real Estate Conference
‘Capital Raising and Investment in Uncertain Times’
- Keynotes: Andrew Radkiewicz, Managing Director, Pramerica; Sir John Ritblat. Honorary President and former Chairman and CEO,
; Angus Dodd, MD, UK Real Estate, Lone Star British Land
- Panels: European Real Estate Markets; Emerging Market Investing; Capital Raising Strategies and Deal Points
10 May 2012: Private Equity Conference
‘New Dynamics – Staying Ahead of the Curve’
- Keynotes: Paul Fletcher, Senior Partner, Actis; Vindi Banga, Senior Partner, Clayton Dubilier & Rice; Simon Clark, Managing Partner, Fidelity Growth Partners
Europe; Dwight Poler, Managing Director, Bain Capital
- Panels: LP perspectives, emerging markets investing, value creation in portfolio companies and other pertinent industry topics.
11 May 2012: Entrepreneurship Conference
‘Beyond an idea: how to plant, nurture and grow your business’
- Keynotes: Laura Tennison, Founder & Managing Director, JoJo Maman Bebe; Renaud Visage, Co-Founder & CTO, Eventbrite
- Panels: At seed – Team formation, funding and launch; With roots – philosophy building, incentives and growth; To leaves – exit strategy, long term challenges and the future
19 May 2012: Africa Day
- Keynotes: HE President Ali Bongo Ondimba; Dambisa Moyo; Acha Leke, Director, McKinsey; Kofi Morna, Non-Executive Director, Aquarius Platinum Ltd
- Panels: Trade not Aid; African Innovation; Thinking beyond BRIC; African Trail-blazers
24 May 2012: Art Investment Conference
‘Security in Uncertain Times?’
- Keynotes: Philip Hoffman, The Fine Art Fund Group; Dr Christophe Spaenjers,
HEC University; Dr Rachel Pownall, Maacstricht University
- Panels: Collecting by numbers; Hard assets in modern asset allocation; Bringing art into the mainstream
31 May 2012: Middle East Day
- Keynotes: HE Fuad Siniora, Former Prime Minister,
; Richard Shediac, Senior Partner, Booz; Hala Fadel, Fund Manager, Comgest Lebanon
- Panels: The quest for new investment opportunities; Women driving the
1 June: Latin America Business Forum
- Keynotes: Damian Scokin, CEO, LAN International; Woods Staton, CEO, Arcos Dorados; Walter Bayly, CEO, BCP; Gabriela Hernandez, CEO, GE Mexico