Registration is now closed (this event already took place).
The course will give you the tools you need to build a robust financial model from scratch following a typical case study used in interviews for funds, banks, and developers.
Trainer: Cesar Torres - NextEnergy Capital
Cesar has over five years’ financial modelling experience in renewal energy in LATAM, UK and Europe. He had built and audited more than 30 infrastructure models and gave advanced modelling training to funds, banks and developers in London and other cities in Europe. He is currently working in the investment team of NextEnergy Capital (https://www.nextenergycapital.com/) focused on solar PV transactions and asset management globally. Previously, he was an Executive in the Valuation and Business Modelling team at EY and Financial Modelling specialist at Mazars.
General Course Outline:
1. General introduction to main economic drivers of a renewable energy project
2. Build a flexible timing structure including construction and operations
3. Capital Expenditure breakdown and funding
4. Revenue build up including subsidies
5. Operational expenses including fixed and variable
6. Calculate Cashflow available to debt service
7. Debt structuring and sizing
8. Understand typical circular references and how to avoid them including basic VBA
9. Dividends and equity returns
10. Valuation and investment metrics [NPV and IRR]
Don't miss the opportunity to learn how to build a financial model for your dreamed Energy or Infra job.
Please bring your laptops.
The material of the class will be provided one day before the event.
The event will be canceled if less than ten students sign up. Please register before May the 10th.
26 Sussex Pl, Marylebone, London, NW1 4SA, United Kingdom