🍷 Bonjour vino amigos! 🍷
On Sunday 22nd March wine experts from East London School of Wine will be coming to campus to get you certified in the art of wine!
The Wine & Spirits Club are very excited to be offering this professional training which will result in a Level 1 Award in Wine from WSET upon successful completion. What's more, we've managed to secure a great discount for you folks with the course coming to £130.
- Wine Tasting : Taste and describe wines using the WSET® Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Food and Wine Matching : A practical guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine successfully
- Wine Service and Storage : Learn the correct way to store and serve wine and recognise common faults found in wine
- Social Responsibility : A guide to sensible drinking
- Types and Styles of Wine : Learn about what makes wines taste different
- Grape Varieties : Learn about the characteristics and styles of wines produced from the main grape varieties
- Main white grape varieties : Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling
- Main black grape varieties : Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz
- Named Wines :
- White: Pinot Grigio, Muscadet, Sancerre, Chablis, Sauternes
- Red: Claret, Beaujolais, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Rioja, Chianti
- Number of Wines Tasted : At least 9 wines will be tasted as part of the course
- Study Materials : Students will receive the Introduction to Wine Study Guide
- Duration of course : 1 day inclusive of examination
- Examination : 30 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 45 minutes. A mark of 70% required to pass
- Certification : All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin.
The course will last approximately 6 hours so clear your calendars and your noses and grab a ticket! SIGN UP FROM 6PM 29th FEB but numbers are limited - sorry..
If you have any burning Qs about this amazing event please shoot your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org 🍷
*Stay tuned for Level 2 and Level 3 trainings coming soon*
Park Restaurant Suite 2
26 Sussex Pl, Marylebone, London, NW1 4SA, United Kingdom